By: Kaltra Imeralilai
This April of 2023 marks the 53rd Anniversary of Earth Month. We dedicate this month to raising environmental awareness, creating consciousness around issues, and encouraging all of us to take positive action for Mother Nature during this time of crisis. Global warming, pollution, energy production and consumption, and solid waste disposal are just some of the major environmental problems we face. Scientists have stated that it is not too late to take action, but we certainly cannot carry on as we are. They support that we have all the solutions needed to “secure a livable, sustainable future for all”!
So, what can you do to participate in Earth Month?
- There are several organizations where you can sign up for a tree planting event near you. Volunteer today to help reduce Earth’s carbon footprint!
- Support non-governmental organizations to raise funds! By donating to one of these charities, you’ll contribute to advanced equipment and research for climate solutions.
- One of the most effective ways to collectively address our climate crisis is to reflect on your own ecological footprint and consider ways you can reduce your energy usage this month. Turn off lights, be mindful of your water usage, and top up insulation; every little act counts!
- Organize a neighborhood clean-up! Pick a location that has rubbish and needs some extra attention, set a date, build your team, and don’t forget to share your work online to encourage similar acts!
- …And simply go outside and enjoy nature by doing an activity you love!
At Cornerstone, we believe in Corporate Social Responsibility, and we are committed to conducting business in an ethical and sustainable way! We educate and expect all our team members to embrace an environmentally aware culture and fulfill our responsibilities in an environmentally responsible manner. As such, we are paperless and have embraced digital marketing and communication in all aspects of our operations.
Cornerstone is proud to have built a partnership with Forest Carbon to contribute to wider environmental benefits. We aim to achieve this by planting trees and increasing woodland creation in the UK. Forest Carbon leads the way in developing woodland creation and peatland restoration projects for carbon capture and ecosystem services.
We all share the responsibility of respecting our home: the Earth. It is not just about one day or one month; it is about building new habits starting now! Let us all choose healthy and sustainable options to reduce our impact on the environment – Happy Earth Month!